The Australian Embassy in Vienna calls for Expressions of Interest from NGOs in Bosnia and Herzegovina seeking small-grant funding under the 2022-23 Australian Direct Aid Program (DAP).
WHAT IS THE DIRECT AID PROGRAM?
The Direct Aid Program (DAP) is a small grants program funded by the Australian Government and managed through the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) network of overseas Embassies. The program aims to support development projects that complement Australia's broader aid program and contribute to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
Applicants may submit an Expression of Interest for a single project up to the amount of AUD 6,000 (Australian Dollars) for the 2022-23 Australian financial year (July 2022 - June 2023). Expressions of Interest should be submitted no later than 30 September 2022.
WHO CAN APPLY?
DAP funding is available on a not-for-profit basis to NGOs engaged in development activities focused on women’s empowerment, disability empowerment, education and/or human rights.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DAP SUPPORT?
The DAP program in Bosnia and Herzegovina focuses on supporting small-scale development projects and activities.
- Expressions of Interest should clearly detail the expected developmental impact of the project in support of women’s empowerment, disability empowerment, education and/or human rights.
- Particular attention is given to projects providing direct benefits to those most in need in the local community.
- Projects should be self-contained, with a finite timeline of no more than six months, beginning no earlier than 1 November 2022 and concluding no later than 30 June 2023.
- Activities in which the recipient community makes a significant contribution in terms of labour, materials or cash are particularly well-received.
- Projects that might act as a catalyst for additional development of the community or a model for similar developments elsewhere will also be welcomed.
We will generally NOT fund the following:
- cash grants or micro-credit schemes or projects that involve the return of money
- commercial ventures, purchase of major assets, eg vehicles or land
- Australian or overseas study tours
- international travel
- sponsorship of major sporting tournaments or cultural displays that do not have a clear developmental benefit
- staff salaries
- routine, recurring running costs and administrative expenses including office rental and utility costs, spare parts, routine maintenance
HOW TO APPLY
Expressions of Interest for 2022-2023 close on 30 September 2022. To access the online Expression of Interest form (English only) please click here. The Expression of Interest form is to be completed by the applicant and then submitted to [email protected]. In the event you experience difficulties accessing the online application form, please email [email protected] for assistance.
AFTER SUBMISSION OF YOUR APPLICATION
All applicants will be advised whether they have reached the short-listing phase. Applicants who reach the short-listing phase will be asked to provide further information, including a fully costed project budget and two recent letters of reference.
Successful applicants will be required to report on implementation and provide (interim) financial acquittal in accordance with an individual DAP funding agreement.